657X electrical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 657X electrical

I read a post from long ago that I could use the electrical from a 657X on a 720. By electrical I mean flywheel, stator, magneto, and grey box. This would be ok?

yes, you can use these without a problem, timing and the flywheel is the same.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

performance wise, better than the 720 electrical?

Comment

the electrical systems are no different. If you want to improve performance you should look at some aftermarket parts for the engine

Comment

I think I will once I get it all together. I have to try it first to have something to compare before and after to. I have a rossier pipe that will work, and a buckshot 44 carb, but I may stick with the duals from the 657x. Thanks for your help, I'm sure I'll need more.

Comment

there is a difference, although I dont know exactly. the 657x had more spark than a 720 ignition.

Ask Bill O when he gets back from the WFs.
            -[\/]ac<br /> <a href="http://www.MACSBOOST.com" target="_blank"><B>www.MACSBOOST.com</B></a> Plug in 20+HP for your Honda Turbocharged Watercraft
            <a href="http://www.TeamTweek.com" target="_blank"><B>www.TeamTweek.com</B></a> TeamTweek Watercraft Racing Forums

Comment

The 657X and the 720 ignitions are not the same, nor is the flywheel or the stator the same.

The 720 ignition uses a single pole ignition exciter and the 657X uses a dual pole exciter, making more power to run the ignition.

The 657X is the better choice for performance enhancements, like big carbs and higher than stock compression ratios.

Changing only the ignition will not accomplish much in the way of a performance gain if everthing thing else is stock.

[ October 23, 2003, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Bill O'Neal ]
              Bill O'Neal WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

I appologize, I was not aware of that.

Comment

OK...one last question. The rotary valve was a 132 in the 720, and was a 159 in the 657X. Can I use the 159 in the 720 or should I go with a 147. I know I don't want the 132 in it. Real confused on this topic. I watched the videos and read everything here. Thanks

Comment

Run the 147 degree valve in your 720.
                    Bill O'Neal WCM
                    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Run the 159 duration valve, timed to 147.

Comment

I had a 159 there, so I used it. Fired up ok, just have to take it to the lake. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X