Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 new RTXs, one sick one drowned

How is this for misfortune.

I bought two new black and yellow 2007 RXTs on May 30, 2007 with new double trailer. (Just dropped $24K) Took them both to the lake on the same day. Both ran great but number 1 RXT decided it would only run 50mph after 2 hours? Strange, but we thought maybe it was something to do with being new? Well number 2 RXT would run 65 mph! (short bursts only) Great what is up? Well, end of memorial day weekend we put number 1 RXT on the Boat lift, raise it out of the water and then tethered number 2 RXT under but floating on the water. (Dealer said both boats had been lake tested and had no leaks.) Call my dealer on Tuesday to report the performance drop of number 1 RXT. He says, "bring it in and we'll take a look at it". Ok, Friday is my day to go back to the lake and retrieve number 1 RXT. Surprise when I get to the lake! Number 2 RXT is under water with its nose sticking out of about a foot! Great, new boat, 3 hrs on it and it is full of water! Take them both to the dealer after bailing out number 2. Number 2 is drowned, dead. Leaking thru-hull port for exhaust has allowed water entry and boat sinking. Everything is full of water and I do mean everything! After a week and a half of anxiety. Seadoo is to replace the boat. Number 1 has blown it's supercharger. Great!!! Fourth of July weekend coming...one dead boat and one sick boat. Do I really want a Seadoo? I don't know. My 96 GTX is still running great. What has happened or am I just snake bit? What is up with these Superchargers. Does anyone know if the repair pieces being supplied are any better than the factory installed pieces? How often does this happen and can you do anything to help prevent it from happening again?

Color me thinking about a Honda.
Working...
X