Primer check valve ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer check valve ?

Is there some sort of check valve I can put in my primer line to hold fuel in the line? I always have to take seat off to visually watch fuel pump to carbs so as not to pump too much. I t'd into reserve line for draw.

Re: Primer check valve ?

Yes, use a check valve off of the 951 accellerator pump carbureator. It does for the accellerator pump exacly what you are trying to do, keep the gasoline primed in the primer pump.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

yes, but even if you have a check valve, you should still remove the seat to vent and visually inspect things like this. I've seen primer lines break, leak, and come loose, and the last thing you want is a whole bunch of gas fumes in an unvented hull getting exposed to spark.
      James
      1997 gp1200
      2000 gp1200r

Comment

BILL- Thanks for the info, but where in line should I put it?

PWC Abuser-Good advice. I usually check my ski out right after each use so it's
        ready to go the next time,but you never know what could happen between my garage & the dock.:emoticonc

Comment

I have never found the need for one, but I would put it where it will do some good. Try it bettwen the fuel supply and the primer pump.

You could really make it easier if you just installed your primer pickup line into the on line instead of the reserve line. The reserve line has nothing to stop fuel flow back to the tank, so it often lies empty, whereas the on line only empties if you purposely empty it.
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM

Comment

So connecting the primer line on to the main fuel line is ok?

Comment

Yes.
              Bill O'Neal <br>
              WCM

Comment

Thanks Bill:emoticonc

Comment

I connected my primer to the main fuel line and it still loses fuel to the primer pump. Each time I want to use it, I have to give it several pumps just to get fuel to the primer then a few more to get it to the carbs.

Comment

Is that before the fuel filter or after? I can always see fuel in my filter. My tank seems to be under perssure as when I take the fuel filler cap off.....Poooooof alot of air comes out so I think with that pressure it should keep the lines fill. I only just got my primer kit.
                    Last edited by GPkiwi; 09-19-2005, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X