Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Primer Bulb Sl 750 '93...models forward ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Primer Bulb Sl 750 '93...models forward ???

Does anyone have any info on using a fuel primer bulb (like used on outboards) on Sl 750's besides the 1992 model that came with them ??

Seems like it would work OK on all models and help starting probems.

Any comments ????

Re: Fuel Primer Bulb Sl 750 '93...models forward ???

Not sure how different the fuel routing is on a 93, but my 92 650 has one and it works great. I just pump it until it's firm, full choke, full throttle and it fires within a few tries. I could spend the extra $ on a full primer setup, but I've already put too much into it and every boat starts different...the key is learning the trick. Hope this helps.
    Got Wake!

Comment

Are there any more comments about using fuel primer bulbs. My "Search" revealed that maybe it isn't a good idea to use one and to install a primer system instead.

Seems like that's allot of work to install properly.

It looks like the primer nozzles could be inserted through the top screen ,through holes placed in the "blue" cover, spraying directly into each carb bore intake ????---Leaving the butterflys alone---Seems simple----Why isn't this done ? Am I missing something ?

Are there any other options???

Your Comments please.........

Comment

There are two downsides to using a bulb type primer. First, it doesn't work as a primer for the engine. Forcing fuel into the fuel inlet side of the carbs only passes fuel into the pump chamber, not through the regulator chamber, into the throat. Second, when/if the check valves in the bulb becomed aged/damaged, it can become a fuel restriction during normal operation - and lean out/blow your engine. Why would ever chance that?

Only a proper primer system, that injects fuel into the INTAKE will help start your engine.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

OK------I've got it in regards to the primer bulb.

Do you have any comments about my installation suggestion ??

Thanks

Comment

I guess you could do that but there isn't any point. When you install a primer, you no longer need the choke - so remove the choke system to free up a little performance. Primer kits come with fittings and plugs to replace the choke shaft holes.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I found that my 94 was tough to start until I was used to it.

I pull the choke out using my middle fingers on my left hand, I can then push the start with my thumb. Then my right hand is free to adjust the throttle.

DryDock

Comment

OK Everyone thanks for the input. I'll try that start sequence suggested.

Comment

Working...
                X