Best Fuel Pump Upgrade ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Fuel Pump Upgrade ?

I would like to upgrade my single output fuel pump on my 93' Sl750 . I have heard talk of the 65L/hr double output mikuni . Now, someone through in a triple output . What pump should I go with for the best protection and performance ?
    Thanks,
    Raz

Re: Best Fuel Pump Upgrade ?

Any pentagon pump will do. I got 1 off a snowmobile. it is that same as the one on my raider 1100. 65L/hr, 1 outlet. They are on ebay all the time. The # of outlets doesn't really matter. it is the flow that counts.

Comment

i put the 3 outlet mikuni on my 95 slt750 and it works great. one less thing that i have to worry about.

Comment

Here you go. The one off a slx with the 3 outlets is simply this with another outlet and $100 slapped on the price tag. Theya re all the same, provide plenty of flow and put your mind at ease.

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.as...D&ProdID=24320

Comment

So,

How do I run the hoses off of this ? As it only has two outlets . If I put a T between 1&2 and another between 2&3 won't that give #2 too much fuel ?
          Also, Where do I get the fuel line T's ?
          Thanks,
          Raz

Comment

Aha!
            That's why i like the single outlet. It is a direct replacment for the stocker. You are correct as far as the plumbing goes. The tee's can be found at your local hardware store. They MUST be brass. Big places like home cheapo and blowes don't tend to stock them.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/polar...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-pr...QQcmdZViewItem

A few options. Mine is identical to the bottom link. Final price with shipping was less than 30 bux.

Comment

Do you know where I can get a single like you run ? So, the output of the stock unit is too low ? This why the far cylinder is run lean and fails ?

What year of raider uses the same pump ?
                Thanks,
                raz

Comment

He He He we must have been typing at the same time. Look at the posting times.

Thanks,
                  Raz

Comment

Yes this will cure the lean condition.
                    If you search the forum you will find tons of posts on this. That's how i learned!

Good luck bro :emoticonc

Comment

How do you know that the bottom one is a high output pump ? Or does the pentagonal shape give it away as being high output ?

Thanks,
                      Raz

Comment

it's the shape. look on the mikuni site and they have them all listed.

mike

Comment

I am looking on the website but I do not see specs for this shape and only one output.

Raz

Comment

http://www.mikuni.com/fs-carburetor.html

The outputs are dependant on what the pump came from. They all have the bosses for up to 3 or 4 outputs, just a matter of what they are equipped with.

Comment

Ok,

So, then you are saying if I got this fuel pump http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.as...D&ProdID=24320 and blocked off one of the outputs then I would still be getting 65-70 liters/hr out of the one output ? The reason I ask is that I can't find a new one for the same price with one output.
                              Thanks,
                              Raz

I would just like to keep all the fuel routing in stock form but have the added insurance of the high output pump.

Comment

Working...
                              X